Monday, September 3, 2012

The cat is out of the bag!

 Well this past week was a big one as far as baby things go. The appointment went well-we both really liked the doctor and all the tests came back fine. The official due date is around April 19/20. I had some bleeding going on so she wanted me to have an early ultrasound. Thankfully, everything looked good with that. They found the heartbeat right away and said everything was fine. It became a lot more real for me to see the ultrasound and now we have some pictures to share. Bleeding has all stopped, feeling more nauseous now at times but otherwise things are pretty good.

After seeing that everything was ok we decided it was time to tell our families. We bought a little baby shirt at the Bison game. We swung by the in-laws lake cabin and told them yesterday. They were thrilled, although not as surprised as we expected. We told my parents later that night. I thought my mother was especially suspicious but turns out they were actually quite surprised. I called my sister and brother after that. My brother and I have always been close, and apparently we have some sort of collective conscience going on. Before I told him anything, he said "I think I know what you're going to say-are you pregnant?" He said he's had a feeling about that lately and was so happy to hear he was going to be an uncle he cried. Today my Gramma and Auntie got phone calls as well. Everyone has been so happy to hear the news it makes me feel better about telling. The original plan was to tell at our harvest party in two weeks but this way we got to see people's reactions one by one, instead of all at once. Now we really have a reason to celebrate at the party!



1 comment:

  1. Hey! I wasn't crying... I was... um, choking on an avacado? OK, so maybe I was :)

    Wow! So COOL to see the ultrasound! In case you can't tell, I am really excited to have a niece/nephew.

    ReplyDelete