It has been a busy couple weeks here in the Ostlie household. We went to Colorado the weekend before last. It was fun to see our friends again and the Bison football team rocked it. I survived the car trip all right, besides needing to stop frequently.
We also had our Harvest Party last weekend, which was a huge success. Our super hero parents came early and helped clean, can tomatoes, and paint the nursery before the party. I really appreciated that as being sick and tired all the time has slowed my down a lot. All enjoyed the tour of the gardens and wine tasting, and we loved having our family here. People brought all kinds of good foods, and my hero hubby cooked all the brats. I have pregnancy aversions to some foods now-brats, bacon, and tomatoes are the biggest ones so I really appreciated not having to do much with the brats.
On our return from Colorado I experienced my first round of morning sickness. Not too fun. Things went OK for awhile after that but yesterday was the beginning of round two. I can usually tell right away if I am going to throw up or not, and it seems like its going to happen no matter what I try to do to prevent it. It is usually all over by noon but I still feel crappy all day, even though I am not puking. Today I got the extra bonus of blood spots in my vomit, which apparantly means the force of my puking has burst a blood vessel in my esophagus. Maybe that is too much information for you all :P I am looking forward to the end of the first trimester, and hoping these symptoms will subside like they say is supposed to happen.
I am finally starting to get a little bit of a belly. My pants, even my "fat" pants, are pretty tight so the next time I am in Fargo I plan to pick up a pair of maternity pants. I have gained about 7 pounds at this point. That is a little more than I am supposed to gain by now but not doing too bad. The baby should be around 1.2" long. It has been upgraded from an embryo to a fetus and if it is a boy it will be starting to develop its "parts" around this time.
Wow, I don't envy how you've been feeling Linz! Sounds like you're running the whole gamut of morning sickness. I really enjoyed being at your house last weekend, and Shelli and I both loved the wine tasting/garden. I can't wait till your now fetus is big enough to be kicking! It's hard for me to even comprehend what it feels like to have new life growing inside of you. In a way I envy you. You get to experience creation, which puts you in touch with the entire universe and every other creature out there. So cool!
ReplyDeleteDid you know all matter is originally created from the elements produced by exploding stars? So if we go back far enough, we are all made of stardust. Literal stardust is growing inside of you. The entire universe in one tiny body. Wow.
Oh yeah, and mom and dad really are superheroes, aren't they?