Thursday we went to the clinic to confirm it, and to find out what the heck we are supposed to do next. We usually have it together but we are both feeling really clueless about all this pregnancy stuff. They gave me a prescription for some hard core prenatal vitamins and recommended a Dr. in Jamestown. I set up an appointment with her on the 29th. Wishing I could have got in sooner as I have so many questions. I have read all these internet postings about the things I shouldn't do, foods I shouldn't eat, and skin care products I shouldn't use; Mike says I should stop because it will make me crazy. On Friday I ordered a book about pregnancy so I hope it will come this week and clear things up a bit.
Being the first grandchild on both sides, this is big news for our families. We plan to tell them soon enough, but I want to make sure everything goes OK at our appointment first and I want to make the announcement special. I know they are all suspicious already anyway....
My symptoms are mostly being tired, emotional, and waking up at 3am everyday like clockwork. I have not experienced any morning sickness yet so I am crossing my fingers that it stays that way. I feel like I have already gained a ton of weight because I am retaining so many fluids. In fact, I already have trouble buttoning some of my jeans! Consequently, I am slathering on the stretch mark cream.
We are so excited about our little O. Mike has been so supportive and helpful; makes me proud he is the father of my child. We have enjoyed our time and freedom together the past seven years. We built a foundation of love, found a place to call home, and now we are ready to share it.
Wow, it is so strange to hear you writing about this. Seeing it online is like, tripping my brain because I'm trying to see my little sister writing it! I set up a notification program to monitor this blog, so I'm hoping I will see every post. I just want to be involved as much as I can! This is so COOL! My little sis is pregnant!
ReplyDelete